Crunch! Crunch! Crunch!
Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies! But not everyone knows where they came from. Meet Ruth Wakefield, the talented chef and entrepreneur who started a restaurant, wrote a cookbook, and invented this delicious dessert. But just how did she do it, you ask? That’s where things get messy!
So sit back and grab a cookie to read a story—or three—about how this round, crispy, chocolatey piece of perfection came to be. Which tale is true? Well, what do you think?
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
• Junior Library Guild Selection
• School Library Journal’s Fuse 8 Best nonfiction picture book list 2017
• CBC’s Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People 2018
• Bank Street’s 2018 Irma Black Honor
• Bank Street 2018 Best Children’s Book List
• Texas Topaz Non-Fiction Reading List 2019
• Texas Horned Toad Tales List